AIDS DRUG ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ADAP)
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program is a Florida Department of Health program that provides medications to treat HIV diseases for persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) who have limited or no coverage from private insurance or Medicaid.
Who is Eligible?
As funds allow, ADAP is open to those who meet the following criteria:
- A person who cannot qualify for Medicaid or any other insurance program
- A person must have documented and confirmed HIV infection and in need of medication that ADAP pays for
- A person must have a prescription (less than 12 months old) with current refills used in the treatment of HIV related diseases provided by ADAP
- Must have current viral load/CD4 count done within the last 6 months
- Has picture identification
- Must have social security
What will the ADAP Program pay for?
- Prescription medication from the ADAP formulary for the treatment of HIV and AIDS related diseases.
For more information, visit the ADAP formulary website: